Emmanuel Haiti began with a desire to give 50 children a home. Our primary focus and first priority continues to be the children of the Emmanuel Children's Village.
Our mission in Haiti is to be in relationship with the children of Emmanuel, where we believe God has called us. We help provide for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs with love and prayer through our partner in Haiti, El Shaddai Ministries International, Inc. (ESMI)
timeline of the orphanage
- 2003-2013 Pastor Honore Guerrier and his wife, Mona, care for orphaned and abandoned children in a deserted nightclub in downtown Jeremie
- July 2013 - Pastor Honore is told by the Haitian government he has 30 days to vacate the premises for good; a team from Long Hollow Baptist is in Haiti at the time and vows to give them a place to live
- August 2013 - The funds to build an orphanage are raised within two days of the teams return
- October 2013 - The children and their caregivers move into their new home in the Chateau area of Jeremie
- February 2014 - The first Mt. Carmel Just Go Haiti team visits Emmanuel.
- May 2014 - The first Medical Team visits Emmanuel and conducts clinics in various locations.
- July 2014 - The first Summer Team visits Emmanuel and celebrates the children's birthdays (many for the first time ever) and prays that God will provide a church building for the village. Two days after the team's return, the funds are given for a church.
- December 2014: The first Christmas trip brings "Papa Noel" to see the children.